- Hearing one group chanting "Death, Death, Death..." and pounding the table in unison whenever one of them was rolling the death dice to try and kill a country
- Seeing 2 people who had a tie at the end of the game both pretending to be dead in order to win the tie break
- Watching a player hold the Olympics in Ethiopia - only for someone else to immediately nuke the country
Here are some of the comments from players at the end of the game:
- "Easily replayable - the game will feel different every time I play"
- "Really fun game. It felt smooth and had a logical flow once you get the hang of it."
- "I enjoyed it a lot – refreshing and different. Not like other games."
- "Very good game. I liked the different countries having different resistances, enjoyed wide range of trait cards and really liked the look of the design ."
- "I really enjoyed it. An entirely new experience for me. I really liked the graphic design – thought it was spot on."
We also got lots of useful feedback which we have actioned including:
- Clarifying that trait cards must be discarded if you discard a Country Card
- Fixed a very cool exploit combo between 2 Event Cards (Temporary Mutation and Opportunistic Breakdown)
- Tweaked wording around DNA points (get -> score) to help remind people that DNA refers to the DNA score track
- Fixed a place where we said DNA cost on Trait Cards was on the right (it is now on the left)
In other news - we are currently expecting to receive the pre-production copy of the game which is very exciting as this is the final step before manufacturing begins. Will be sharing more news soon!